View Profile Lich

1 Movie Review

I want a puppy like that ;(
Anyway, smooth animation, pretty nice Voice acting for this and I likem it overall :)

GoodBoyEthan responds:

Thank you kindly, sir. I focused a lot on the facial aspects of this animation and I hope to incorporate more movement into future videos.

3 Game Reviews

Sat down with a cup of rocket-fuel coffee and managed to finish the whole game in around 28:30.
It was a nice challenge, something which I enjoy. despite what anyone else may say about the control system it was absolutely fine, most people who say that 'dis sucKz0rZ' are probably impatient and too frustrated to play a game like this.

What is the system like which decides who does the first move in PvP? I have (up to the time of this comment) have NEVER had the first move in PvP matches and nearly all of my losses are related to this system.

Tacticsoft responds:

It's based on who is highest level, lowest level/amount of exp starts.

Glitch

First level where the conveyor belt is, if you gain rage while standing on it and fall off, your character will respawn a lighter colour and you are unable to control him.

137 Audio Reviews

Ayyy nice work as usual

Nice amount of pulses & tonal layering. Isn't that much variety to the piece from a structure aspect, but there's enough background content going on that the listener can hear something new as they analyse the piece over the play length. I could see this as stage music for a Madness Game, so it pretty much fits the theme haha

IoTheEternal responds:

awesome! Yeah a lot of my music focuses a lot on the background elements so that you don't notice the repetition - I supposed I borrowed that from edm. That and I like my stuff to loop, and this does loop - it can also be chopped to loop flawlessly as well without the slight fade. It's one of the few songs I had that would fit a madness theme I think. Maybe I'll do more industrial in future - not sure what sub genre of industrial this would be, as I know yours is aggrotech..

here's to hoping it is used! Glad you liked the nuances :)

thanks for the review!

-shawn (Chronamut)-

Post that I'll listen to it when it's up, 2 mins later I see your track in the recent feed. Excellent timing haha.

Yeeee, pretty much all good L A D, it's got the Madness stamp all over it. Extra thumbs up to the Vocalised Trancegating instances, always a fan ;)

DESHIEL responds:

Thanks for your time Lich, always a pleasure to have you around ;)

I'm giving this piece a general rundown on the Mix as requested. Just for reference, I've given the piece 3 run through on both my Beyerdynamic DT990 250 Pro and my ADAM A5X's while also doing visual monitoring through Voxengo SPAN at a Block Size of 2048.

- The track is a tad too bright on the 9500-12000hz range and can overwhelm neighboring frequencies at certain parts of the track (6000-8000hz range mainly suffering). Turning it down by around 1DB-1.5DB helps
- Low-Mids are a tad lacking from around 250hz-600hz. A 1-1.5DB boost helps fill that out
- The kick doesn't have that much presence. Turning the volume of the kick up abit and then giving around 1-2DB boost to the 58-70hz range should give a better result
- A 1DB boost to the 2000-5000hz range brings some additional depth & clarity to your arpeggio plucks
- The snare suffers a similar fate to the kick where it would sound better if it was volume boosted a little bit more since your arpeggio plucks cover the snare's presence up when introduced. I'd also investigate the panning on it as it seems to be leaning a tad too far to the right of the mix.
- Just as a personal recommendation, I'd probably prefer it if you put your frequencies under 50hz into mono on this piece (turn LMH Delay down to 0 if doing it in Maximus!. That should bring some lower-freq presence back into a generally empty sounding part of the soundstage and should also help clarity issues on the kick.

Otherwise I don't have too much else to say. The changes I've proposed in general are pretty minor and it's just a case of taming down a particular part of your high end along with 1-2DB selective boosts over mid-lower frequencies.
Visual Pic of the Above Recommendations Summarized: https://i.imgur.com/zGO0ZYf.png
Hope you've found this helpful!

IoTheEternal responds:

Thanks a lot man - definitely! I know they are all minor adjustments but to people like you and me an imperfect mix can really irk us, esp. if we know we can do better. It's hard just working off the mp3 - I tend to use cool edit pro to master but I just couldn't get this one balanced to my liking on monitors and headphones.. I find my monitors have a bit of dullness due to the compression of the phones on my ears so sometimes when it's high enough for them to sound "normal" it's too high on headphones.. I will have to buy new ones so that I don't have this problem.

So I listened to your version and I felt the highs were a bit too muted (even on regular headphones) and the bass a tad tooo bassy for my monitors, so I took the middle ground and combined our 2 songs together for a song that has the middle ground of all levels.

thanks for the review man!

-shawn-

10 Art Reviews

When I see this piece and imagine what the scene is like, I can imagine the mental state of the person in the image slowly degrading away, emotional trauma grinding away deep inside to the point of extreme action. Who knows what's on the screen though? A dark, ultimate revelation? Extreme emotional and mental degrading of the subject? Being found out for something extreme? Talking to friends one last time online before performing suicide? The angel-wing bloodstain from the bullet wound behind the head I feel represents ascendancy of the soul as the ultimate relief from a painful life, ready to move onto the next great adventure beyond the mortal realm.

Hope you don't mind that I used this piece as an inspiration piece for my second AIM entry!

zephyo responds:

Thank you so much for such a thoughtful comment ^_^ I love yor interpretation. If you want to know what I was thinking was going on here, the girl is livestreaming her suicide. You should totally show me your entry!

Physical art with sculptures has always been something I've wanted to do for quite awhile. Everything in this piece fits together really well. The waxy skin texture, the bloodshot eyes, the glazed look of near-death, the thin synthetic hair, even the teeth tucked away inside of the sculpture and slightly poking out are great! The symbolism completes it and gives it the 5/5 from me, fantastic work!

The Art-Inspired Music contest for Newgrounds in 2017 is currently underway. I hope that you don't mind that I've used this piece of artwork as inspiration towards my track which I've entered.

zephyo responds:

that's totally fine! and this is such a lovely, considerate review. Thank you so much for taking the time to write it ^_^

I got pretty fed up of the song for this level on KH preeeeeeety quickly haha

Troisnyx responds:

I don't blame you for thinking so; that song is a mockery of every musical and every drum solo in existence. XD

I will consume your soul, mortals.
Main Project: LichLord https://lichlord.bandcamp.com/
I started out here on NG. I still lurk here. Anything not specifically on Bandcamp is Unofficial

25, Male