Contact Info / Websites
Welcome back to Lich/LichLord news.
1) Album: Ascended Through Agony is almost done. I still have other things to get out of the way first. It's a case of not setting a deadline and just getting it done-when-it's-done. Which should be shortly.
2) So after a chat with a few people in the Real world and some of the more anonymous commentors online, they quite liked the DSBM track I posted up named: Realm Of Woebegone, which can be found below:
I've always had an idea at the back of my mind to try and do a more dedicated DSBM project, have it as a side-project (LichLord still being my primary of course as Electro-Industrial). Maybe I should name such a project something ironic like 'Sunshine Skyway' ? (Just think on that one for a second or two). Think of a beautiful-sounding mix between Lustre, Lost in Desolation and My Useless Life. Of course I would make my voal work as evil/chlling as possible.
3) This year for Halloween, Fancy dress events and general fucking around in a huge suit of cyber armor I am buying and constructing the bits off of ebay one-at-a-time. I should also have my new Mask/Respirator soon. Pics will be up in the next couple of weeks. Expect the suit to be wired-to-shit with EL-Neon Red in gaps etc. If anything to go by the plan, think of a geneal blend between Assasins Creed mixed in with Cybergoth & Rivethead styling and maybe a touch of Halo here and there in theme-work (shitty description but it'll look better in person, trust me guiseeeeeeee).
1) Madness day is in 20 days, definitely making an Electro-Industrial track for it this year. My personal guarantee that it will be much, much better than last year's one (which somehow got 2nd place).
2) Album: Ascended Through Agony is nearly finished. No additional demo's but hang tight!
3) Expect to see some Electro-Cinematic pieces on the side. 'Thunderfist' was merly an experimentation compared to what I have cookin up!
4) I'm gonna win the Worst Song contest, just you guise wait. I have something especially bad being formed.
So the last day or so my ageing Phenom II T1100BE Build has been spiking 70C/80C and even just under 90C on the CPU temp's shown. Consistent restarts within 10-15 minutes of sequencing something randomly occur and the machine is almost inoperable. So this is what I have done tonight:
1) Unplugged everything, opened the case up and disassemble everything
2) Cleaned up the CPU surface and applied fresh Thermal cooling
3) Hoovered out the whole case, detatched all case fans and soaked in water for 20 minutes and then dried. Same with dust filters but in a bowl of more mild water to not damage the mesh
4) Refitted everything, repositioned cabling to the best I could possibly achieve and got the top fan working again (it fell off before I turned off the PC in the first place and hit my CPU Cooler while it was still running, yikes!)
5) Set all fans in User Mode to Turbo in the BIOS, use ASUS EZ Mode to quickly put it onto an 'Energy Saver/Cooler' profile.
6) Booted back into Win7 and set the Maximum Processing state dwon from 100% to 90% and the Minimum from 75% to 10%
7) System now idles at 45C (which is still shitty but much better than before) instead of idling at 65C/ Average. This is considering I'm running the origonal 'be quiet! Dark Rocker Pro' for AM3 so it's still unusually high for a cooler like that.
To be honest, I built it origonally as a multimedia machine back in 2011, back before I even touched a DAW outside of school. Haha, how times have changed, audio plugin's run in abundance is the main reason it's dying (inb4 bouncing WAV's, my sequencing process is too inconsistent to bounce WAV's around all day long).
Pic Below (if you can see it): what I'm planning on blowing my cash on soon. Just pretend that the Xeon E5 2630 V2 is actually an E5-2630 V3 by the time I get around to building the system (the E5-2630 V# by then will be an 8-core Xeon at 20MB L3 Cache instead of the current 6-core model at 15MB Cache. No rumored additional price). Oh yes I can certainly justify the price since it's not only going to be just for DAW use (but DAW's going to be the primary use for a new build).
Name Change: 'LichLordMusic' --> 'Lich'
Also, be expecting some more album demo's and a Futurepop track shortly!
So what am I upto?
1) Album is still in production at varying speeds. All subscribed fans before the full release will still get a free copy!
2) Myself and Deshiel are both doing a cover/remix/stylised injection of one of our tracks each. While I am doing Deshiel's 'Stage Two' a LichInject, Deshiel is currently looking at 'Abandoned Testing Ground' and seeing what magic he can sprinkle onto it! The 'Stage Two' (LichInject) is essentially finished, I am just doing DIalogue and Lyrical writing and recording before fully releasing it the the masses of Newgrounds!
3) NGADM, lel doubt I'll get into the 1st round but if I do, prepare for audio agony!
4) I have gotten a copy of FPS Creator Reloaded GOLD after being offered a 40% off voucher for it. Downloading and shall be messing around with during the next couple of months. If I ever get the hang of it and start creating my own models etc. I'd be extremly happy to collab with a few people here and make a game along the style of the old Metroid Prime games or something similar, that would be damn awesome!
5) Working weekdays like normal, plenty of later hours I'm getting home now so I'm having to conserve time abit more. Oh well it will make me more efficient.
6) Thinking of possibly getting a few guys together here on Newgrounds and make our own online band or something in the possible future?
Anyway, that's all from me for now!
So I've demo'd BitWig on and off for around 10 man-hours so far and for a DAW which has seen it's full release drop this year (was up for Beta testing for around 2 years prior apparently), I do quite like it overall. The demo itself is like FL's, No Saving or Exporting but unlimited timeless use to try the product out etc.
Awesome Stuff I like about BitWig so far: (I still have much to learn and explore)
- The user interface makes sense within around 30 mins of using the program for the first time
- Better Auto-Quantanizing parameters when recording notation straight into a Pattern clip
- A choice between pooled/unified or individual VST processing
- Multi-Platform support (Windows, OSx & Ubuntu so far but they might be supporting another distro or two in the near future)
- Plug-ins are 'Sandboxed' inside of special wrappers, preventing the DAW from crashing if the VST errors out
- Open API for linking up and coding Controller's to run in BitWig looks hugely promising, especially for 3rd party developers
- The 'Detail Editor', basically a pimped-out Sample editor which is damn awesome
- It's (on average) less resource-intensive than FL or Cubase Elements after making comparisons between the three out of general curiosity.
Go check a brief feature set here! - http://www.bitwig.com/en/bitwig-studio/overview.html
So I am totally cooking up an audition for the NGADM and have something pretty solid down already. It's pretty much unlike anything I've ever done before and it sounds incredibly vicious *cough* Industrial Black Metal *cough*. Soooo, over the next couple of days I'll see how it goes and upload it as my audition piece and hopefully get through (unlikely, half the competition have already been curb-stomped by the Orchestral/Cinematic krew's Audition pieces). Stay tuned.
Also, not much else in terms of album updates. Just slowly progressing forwards, getting stuff done, rewriting other bits and mastering a couple of the done ones up properly. More news in the next post regarding the album shall be available.
So this is just a small update regarding album progress really.
3 tracks super-dooper done, another two on the verge of completion and robably two more planned after that. For some of my oldest fans who have enjoyed and liked some of my 2011 shit, I have a suprise rework of one track in the 'almost done' part which sounds pretty damn awesome but I won't tell you guys which one it is untill I get preview No. 2 uploaded onto Newgrounds sometime. Even I marvel sometimes despite the absolutely terrible mastering (did I do it inside of a tin can or something?) some of the oldies compositionally do sound awesome when rebuilt and modernised. (One hint, it's a 2011 track of mine and the obvious hint: "My madness descending, alone forever", go hunting folks!)
As mentioned in the previous preview, anyone who is a subscribed fan to my Newgrounds page by the time of the album release shall recieve a free download code as a special thank you to you all! All you have to do is send a PM back when the time comes that I spam everyone's inboxes with the offer.
I have linked below a whole Track (Rough) demo of a track called 'Plasma Engine' for my upcoming album 'Ascended Through Agony'. I know there is Soundcloud's shitty compression issues (nothing I can do for that) and some clipping issues (which I will be sorting out for the final release) but it's just a rough for now. Hope you guys like what I'm cooking up!
Nothing quite like drinking a shit load of cheap booze and dancing away to some Goa/Psytrance at like 1am in the morning with equally #wrek't buddies