Contact Info / Websites
Just an Album Update, things are going well. The release is still set to 'Unknown' but thanks to alot of the rewrite work I've been going through and mixing everything again from the ground up (as compared to the shoddier standard of Late2015/Early2016 when I started on this) as well as the addition of extra tracks (some of these which have appeared on NG already have alternative versions on the album) which increases the runtime of the album upto around 65-80%.
I still have every intention of releasing the album for free. Any £££ I plan to make in the future will be purely based off of Merch, Commision or Contest Winnings (making music is simply an expensive hobby for me as opposed to a full on way-of-life), I'm not in a position to really get much out of either at the moment haha.
Some explanations for the list below:
- In The Name Of Bloodlust + I Serve The Darkness require some ridiculous processing power to run, I'm thankful that I have a decent Xeon Workstation to do this all on. it's primarially the mixing chains I have setup on every single channel for these pieces along with the ridiculous double drum-machine work I've done for both of them. If any of you know about the fun little page regarding Mohs Scale Of Lyrical Hardness, I'd like to say that 'In The Name Of Bloodlust' scores an 11 on the scale haha. To be honest, the entire album scores around 8-11 on it when I have a look at the lyric sheets.
- The Cinematic Intro will probably be full on Atmospheric + Glitchy Drum lines along with Spoken passages. I'll keep it limited to a Minute long tops just to be safe. Good opportunity to flex my cinematic muscles with some of the extra packs I've been purchasing recently.
- Soul Consumption Manifest will be te last & longest track on the album, clocking in at over 10 mins in length.
- The Average runtime for the album tracks is around 6-8 minutes each, give or take 30 seconds in either way.
- I don't like the way that 'You'll Never Be Found' had turned out when uploading an Early Copy onto NG earlier this year. I'm currently washing it through some kind of musical hell to try and get something more unforgiving and nastier to work with.
- If anyone wants some WIP previews of what I've been doing for any of these tracks, just give me a shout through my NG Page, Facebook Page, Skype or Email.
I usually don't bother with MD news Posts, but for once I thought it would be nice to do so.
Happy Madness Day chaps (currently in UK time). I will have some time later to go through and view & listen to everyone's entries!
I've even just finished my own (in a hurry). Playing around with Vocodex was great fun for this track haha. Enjoy!
Magnification Chamber (MD2016)
It's been quite awhile, time for some updates.
1) Soul Consumption Manifest under 'LichLord' is coming along well. I've going through and mixing alot of it to a much better standard and also running through some vocal re-recordings for about half the album. Alot of this was done back when my general knowledge on how to get a somewhat decent mix and some of my creative patch work wasn't as good as it is at this very moment by comparison.
2) After the album is finished, I'll be working much more on Electro-Cinematic as an equal focus to what I'm currently doing. With alot of background practise which I have been doing along with the purchase of several other packs to add to my ever-growing arsenal, I feel as if I am at the stage now where I can take my Electro-Cinematic work further than what I have pushed out so far over the last couple of years. Anything Electro-Cinematic related I will be releasing under my real name, seperate from LichLord. The aim is to have both of them as solo-projects but seperated, one I can present to others and maybe get some future work off of and then the Electro-Industrial stuff on the other side where I can shit around and purely dedicate to just make straight-up aggressive music. I have no need to make a seperate account for this, I will just tag any future releases appropriately and I might shuffle around and add some extra contact info. It also motivates me to get both of my websites finished at some point haha.
3) Commander terrorsekt will get around to releasing some material soon. We promise ;)
4) I'll be entering A.I.M, I just need to finish off a few things first. I already have two potential art-pieces and a good idea as to what I want to do for it though and the result if I can execute it should be A*-grade awesome.
That's it for now.
Special thanks to @SubliminalVirus for being the creator of this fantastic piece of cover art for my album! I would highly suggest that you all subscribe to her, she definitely deserves some more subscribers!
Coming in April - Soul Consumption Manifest
Band Name: LichLord
Price -FREE- - Available on Bandcamp to download, available to play on Newgrounds
Genre - Electro-Industrial
Track Listing: (Approx Runtime - 30-35 Minutes)
1) Thy Burning Lands - COMPOSING
2) In The Name Of Bloodlust - RECORDING VOCALS
3) Radioactive Heavens - READY
4) Poisoned Testing Facility - READY
5) Soul Consumption Manifest - RECORDING VOCALS
Wondered why I haven't been uploading much over the last couple of months? The above would be why, I have been slowly developing tracks at my own place to put into a full album at a much higher artistic quality than my other work. I'm loving every minute of this so far and I hope that you, my fellow listerners and subscribers shall enjoy it too. If you're interested in hearing or discussing more about this, comment below and I am happy to answer.
EDIT: This has been delayed to late April due to rewriting about half of the album towards a better sounding standard than what I have composed so far.
EDIT2: Tracks which have been canned like 'We Ascend' and 'Void Serpent' will be reworked for a future release/
My 2015-2016 Mid-Year Software and Hardware List. If i miss anything out I will edit it in. Pics coming soon.
EDIT1: Extra Software Included for 2016
EDIT2: This needs updating for May as I have several more Libraries to Include
- FL Studio 11.1 Signature Bundle
- Adobe Audition CC
###Synths & Libraries###
- Spectrasonics Omnisphere 1
- Xfer Serum
- Native Instruments Battery 4
- Native Instruments Kontakt 5 (Full) Libraries:
- - - NI Factory Library
- - - NI Action Strings
- - - NI Alicia's Keys
- - - 8DIO Free Radicals
- - - 8DIO Progressive Metal
- - - 8DIO Drumstep
- - - ImpactSoundWorks Shreddage 1
- - - ImpactSoundWorks Shreddage 2
- - - Heavyocity Evolve
- - - Heavyocity Vocalise
- - - SoundIron Ambius 2
- - - SoundIron Olympus Micro
- - - SoundIron Tape
- - - SoundIron Drip
- - - SoundIron Crystal
- - - SoundIron Temple Drums
- - - Sonokinetic Aliye
- - - Sonokinetic Delphi
- - - Sonokinteic Gediz
- - - KontaktBanks VIROLOGY
- - - Cinesamples Drums of War 1
- - - Loopmasters Cult Club Synths
- - - Prodyon Shortnoise
- - - DJSH Nova
- - - DJSH Texture
- - - DJSH Junk
- - - DJSH Ultimatum
- - - DJSH Punisher
- - - DJSH Recall
- - - DJSH Metal
- - - DJSH Barbarian
- - - DJSH Lucid
- - - DJSH Hybrid Cronicles
- - - DJSH AXIA
- Arturia V-Collection - Includes:
- - - Arturia Analogue Lab
- - - Arturia Mini V2
- - - Arturia Modular V2
- - - Arturia CS-80 V2
- - - Arturia ARP2600 V2
- - - Arturia Jupiter 8-V2
- - - Arturia Wurlitzer-V2
- - - Arturia Prophet V2
- - - Arturia Oberheim SEM V2
- - - Arturia Spark Drums V2
- Eastwest Composer Cloud (Contains ALL Eastwest products upto Gold Level)
- Eastwest Quantum Leap Symphonic Choirs Platinum
- Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0
- - - SDX The Metal Foundry Expansion
- Adam Szabo's JP6K V1.5
- Image-Line Sytrus
- Image-Line Morphine
- Image-Line PoiZone
- Image-Line Sawer
- Tone2 Gladiator2
- - - Gladiator2 Electronic Expansion
- CamelAudio Alchemy Player
- - - Biolabs Darkspace
- - - Cinematic Impacts
- - - Dream Voices
- - - Viral Outbreak
- Cakewalk Rapture
- Cakewalk Dimensions Pro
- UVI Digital Synsations
###Effects & Mixing/Mastering###
- Image-Line Maximus
- Image-Line IL Vocodex
- Image-line Gross Beat
- Image-Line Pitcher
- Waves Gold Bundle (V9.3) - Includes:
- - - Waves Autotrack
- - - Waves C1 Compressor
- - - Waves C4 Multiband COmpressor
- - - Waves DeEsser
- - - Waves Doppler
- - - Waves Doubler
- - - Waves Enigma
- - - Waves GTR3 Amps
- - - Waves GTR3 Stomps
- - - Waves GTR3 ToolRack
- - - Waves H-Comp
- - - Waves H-Delay
- - - Waves IR-L
- - - Waves Kramer Vocal Channel
- - - Waves Kramer Guitar Channel
- - - Waves L1 UltraMaximiser
- - - Waves MaxxBass
- - - Waves MetaFlanger
- - - Waves MondoMod
- - - Waves MV2
- - - Waves PAZ
- - - Waves Q10
- - - Waves Renaissance Axx
- - - Waves Renaissance Compressor
- - - Waves Renaissance EQ
- - - Waves Renaissance Reverb
- - - Waves S1
- - - Waves Supertap
- - - Waves TrueVerb
- - - Waves UltraPitch
- - - Waves V-Comp
- - - Waves V-EQ3
- - - Waves V-EQ4
- - - Waves Vitamin
- - - Waves Tune LT
- Waves One-Knob Series - Includes:
- - - Waves One-Knob Brighter
- - - Waves One-Knob Driver
- - - Waves One-Knob Filter
- - - Waves One-Knob Louder
- - - Waves One-Knob Phatter
- - - Waves One-Knob Pressure
- - - Waves One-Knob Pumper
- - - Waves One-Knob Wetter
- Waves Center
- Waves NLS
- Waves Scheps 73
- Waves Kramer PIE
- Waves Eddie Kramer Guitar Channel
- Waves Bass Rider
- Waves DeBreath
- Cakewalk Sonitus:FX Suite
- IKMultimedia Amplitube 3 (Metal Pack)
- Minimal Systems Stereo Bus Compressor
- Minimal Systems SSi Compressor
- Minimal Systems Master Limiter
- Minimal Systems Master Compressor
- Minimal Systems Tri-Comp
- Ohmforce Ohmicide
- Softtube Saturation Knob
- Native Instruments Driver
- Aegean PitchProof
- Tobybear Madshifta
- Adam Szabo's Phazor
- Antares Auto-Tune Live
- Antares Auto-Tune EFX 2
- Antares EVO Harmony Engine
- Antares EVO MUTATOR
- Antares EVO ARTICULATOR
- Antares EVO CHOIR
- Antares EVO DUO
- Antares EVO Mic-Mod EFX
- - IMG-Stage ECM 140 (USB - Condenser)
- - Shure SM58 (XLR - Dynamic)
- - Generic Drum Mic Kit (To Be Identified and Filled)
- - ADAM A5X (pair)
- Rack Equipment
- - Boss SE-50
- - Nomad Axxeman
- - Behringer Ultragraph Pro FBQ1502
- - Behringer Virtualiser Pro DSP1000
- - Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
- - Boss OD-20
- Control Surface
- - Dell S2240T Touch Screen Monitor
- ASIO Processing
- - Audient iD22
- - Cakewalk UA-4FX
- - Behringer Xenya X2442 USB (Standalone Mixer)
- - Mic Pole Vocal Dampening Booth
- - ProAcoustic Foam Dampening Tiles (x24 tiles, x4 Bass Traps)
##My DAW Build Specification##
##Constructed February 2015##
CPU: Xeon E5-1650V3
MOBO: ASRock X99-WS
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Samsung DDR4 ECC REG (2133Mhz)
CPU COOLING: Noctua NH-U9S
PSU: 650W EVGA SuperNOVA Full-Modular 80+ Gold
OS SSD: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO
REUSED DRIVES FROM OLD BUILD:
1# OCZ AGILITY 3 120GB (Now my 'Plugin's and Programs Drive')
2# OCZ AGILITY 3 120GB (Now my 'Projects' and VM Drive)
3# WD BLACK 1TB (OS & SSD 2 & 3 Backup Dump Drive, SoftMirrored with other WD BLACK)
4# WD BLACK 1TB (SoftMirrored with first WD Black)
GPU: Zotac GTX 960 (x3 DP 1.2 1x HDMI 2.0 1x DVI-I DL)
FIREWIRE PCI-E: Lycom PE-101 (OHCI Compliant, Texas Instruments chipset)
REUSED CASE: Bitfenix Colossus
REUSED CASE FANS: 2x Noctua NF-A14 (140mm, 2000RPM Model)
I'm a Waves-whore and now I crave more hardware. RIP Wallet xx
EDIT: I now want an actual Aztec Death Whistle.
EDIT2: I went and purchased an Aztec Death Whistle.
What has changed since the first post then? Well:
1) A full 6U wooden rack holder (also doubling up as a huge-ass monitor stand haha)
2) My Nomad Axxeman has arrived (1U), Kills the need to get a compressor and I can drop using the TS9 Tube Screamer in the chain for now
On it's way as we speak
1) My replacement Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 (the previous one had major firmware issues) (Half Rack). Will be replacing the UA-4FX once it arrives and is confirmed for working.
2) 32-Channel EQ Rack (1U)
What I want to buy (second hand to be able to actually afford it)
1) Focusrite Platinum Voicemaster Pro (Mic Pre & Vocal Channel Strip) (2U)
2) Noise Supressor/Gate Rack to kill feedback being generated (1U)
3) An analogue delay rack
Here is the complimentary photo to go along with it. PM me for a voice demo if you want to hear the sound raw, otherwise you'll have to wait untill I upload a new track shortly. (I named my multi pitch SE-50 Preset 'AgGrotech')
So I have began the quest to slowly achieve the most diabolical & nasty sounding vocal chain I can piece together with second-hand hardware for my Electro-Industrial vocal work so I can shift away from the reliance of software altogether. Hell of a lot more stable and I can use the vocal chain live for any live future projects or bands I participate in Vocal-wise!
Current Hardware Chain:
Shure SM58 (Mic) --> Boss SE-50 (FX Processor) --> Boss OD-20 (Overdrive/DIstortion Double Pedal) --> Roland UA-4FX (Backup Audio Capture/Playback & Multi-FX Unit, Saffire Pro Interface faulty and sent back for replacement).
What I Want To Get:
A Parallel Compressor Pedal - A Gate/Supressor Half-Rack - A Delay Rack (to run post-distortion in the chain) - A Better Vocal Mic (Looking at probably getting a Shure Super55) - My Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 being sent back to me in working order would also be nice (dat preamp on it tho).
So I've ordered the bits to my new DAW build.
I'ma saving abit of money by just gutting out the current components out of my BitFenix Colossus, keeping my aftermarket 2000RPM Noctua fans in there and just installing these new components!
Sadly the ESI cards are out of stock like everywhere so I'm going to stick with a Saffire Pro for now for a few months and then probably look into getting an RME card or External interface later on.
Went with the Xeon E5 1650-V3 in the end as the 2620-v3's are currently out of stock. Not really planning on upgrading to anything further for the next couple of years, the 1650-V3 is probably the most I will need. Being able to run full DDR4 ECC-REG RAM is a bonus and actually works out slightly cheaper than standard non-ecc sticks consumers buy most of the time (for some strange reason).
Don't really care that much on the GPU side but I need abit of future-proof juice for any graphical DAW or VST applications. Plus triple Displayport 1.2 is super nice.
I already have some spare SSD's and mechanical HDD's to store bits on. Just the 850 EVO I'll keep as an OS drive and operate the rest like normal.
@Brentheman - Not as insane as it was origonally going to be (money's abit tighter currently) but it still should perform pretty damn well considering that Xeon E5-1650V3 is like a slightly beefed-up 5930K with ECC Support and extra protocols haha.
Feeling up to making a 2015 remake of one of my older tracks. I've designed from scratch and built up over a good 6 months around three whole private banks in Omnisphere, Gladiator and IL Sawer for whatever I need now (Around 200 patches!)
I'll leave this up to the citizens of Newgorunds to decide. Out of these really shitty tracks (in the days I sounded like a huge ass), what should I go through and competly redo and elevate to above-average standard?
Thank you very much for the Front Page feature! In celebration I finished these two tracks off in record time and have uploaded them as my first submissions for 2015!