EPIC ADVENTURE - SECRETS OF THE CSIS TRAILER REMAKE EPIC ADVENTURE - SECRETS OF THE CSIS TRAILER REMAKE

So I've gone through this and I'm going to give some brief points which you should look into. I hope you find some of this helpful. When I was around 13/14 years old I was involved in a similar styled kind of filming project funnily enough involving rogue FBI agents hahaha. It was a flop, we had barely any preparation even with 90 minutes of footage.

Anyway:

1) Recording an actor speaking: It's glaringly obvious this was recorded all throughout the camera which captures the reverb of your voices bouncing around the room and barely hearable from outside, even through my ADAM A5X's I am having massive trouble understanding anything which is being said accurately. The simplest way of fixing the voices would be to sit there and rerecord the voice acting side of the movie with a half-decent microphone at home in a sound-dampened environment (you can make a DIY vocal booth with a few blankets and rugs to help out) and overlay the more accurate voice recordings over the video.

2) The FX: Oh dear. These are the kind of overlays I would fully expect to see in a 90's home video editing suite. Static low-res animations which are nothing more than tweened across the screen. What you should really look into for all of your FX work would be to trial out via Adobe's Creative Cloud, After Effects CC. The stock work you can do with it should be plentiful enough to essentially let you do much more appealing FX work and with it's plugin support you can also obtain from 3rd party developers the kind of out-the-box ready Hollywood-grade kind of FX work which would elevate this movie a little bit more.

3) The shaky camera work present: While I can see use of some form of stable tripod for the clips present in the second half of the trailer, the first half of the trailer featured shaky and off-putting camera work in areas where a tripod to stabilise the shot would of been much better.

4) The actual voice acting itself: Straight from the first clip onwards pretty much every single bit of dialogue which I can hear sounds very 'Wooden', essentially it sounds choppy and very unemotional. I do not see or hear in the words or the actions of the actors any form of real emotion or depth. Sorry.

5) Other Ambient noises: Outside there is too much wind noise and inside there is too much static hissing being recorded which goes along with the voicing. I hink it's fixable but it may require some time. Essentially you could try and cut out all of the noise which was recorded and try and recreate and properly mix some home studio recorded lines in sync with the videos and then level it with alternating footstep samples for stuff like concrete while moving, music present in the background and then incorporating anything else like FX noises and gunshots as required. There are plenty of sites which offer royalty-free MP3 and WAV files for this kind of thing for you to work with while editing projects.

In it's current state it isn't good at all. You can fix parts of it with the above suggestions but maybe it might be worth considering restarting from scratch and doing this all over again with a little bit more care, character and filming stability and quality. Even if you have to hire a second camera to get some realtime perspective filming to swap between without chopping then such a thing could potentially add more dynamics to each scene and make the whole project look more authentic. Potentially with all of this extra work you could consider after a refilking making it a 30 minute film filming only the most essential and varied scenes in the script?

I do want to see you at least try and get some form of success out of this project but I do personally believe that you have alot of work to do.

- Lich

Master-Awesome responds:

About the FX. I already use AFTER EFFECTS CC 2015 version. I don't have much experience with special effects and do go around grabbing stock footage here nor there, but since they still don't seem good enough. Any chance you can suggest links?

I started going into AFTER EFFECTS after my previous flop movie.

Happy Endings - New Puppy Happy Endings - New Puppy

I want a puppy like that ;(
Anyway, smooth animation, pretty nice Voice acting for this and I likem it overall :)

EthanAlways responds:

Thank you kindly, sir. I focused a lot on the facial aspects of this animation and I hope to incorporate more movement into future videos.

Give Up Give Up

Sat down with a cup of rocket-fuel coffee and managed to finish the whole game in around 28:30.
It was a nice challenge, something which I enjoy. despite what anyone else may say about the control system it was absolutely fine, most people who say that 'dis sucKz0rZ' are probably impatient and too frustrated to play a game like this.

Super Mechs Super Mechs

What is the system like which decides who does the first move in PvP? I have (up to the time of this comment) have NEVER had the first move in PvP matches and nearly all of my losses are related to this system.

Tacticsoft responds:

It's based on who is highest level, lowest level/amount of exp starts.

Abobo's Big Adventure Abobo's Big Adventure

Glitch

First level where the conveyor belt is, if you gain rage while standing on it and fall off, your character will respawn a lighter colour and you are unable to control him.

AIM - Chris, the Boat and the Tormented Sea AIM - Chris, the Boat and the Tormented Sea

Played this a few times at work on the Office speaker since a few of us usually turn on the Classical Radio station in the morning. We all liked the piece, no one really had any criticism and I think it does fit the artpiece quite nicely. I'm not that grounded in theory so I can't really convey my thoughts fully in detail so I do apologise about the lack of info on that part.

So ayyyy, another great Solo Piece!

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Oh nice, thanks for doing that! It's awesome to hear that everyone seemed to like it :)
Can't imagine it to be the most fun piece to listen to at work, but I'm sure there are worse ones, haha :D

Don't worry about not being a master of theory; neither am I. I just had fun composing the piece!
Thank you for listening, and for writing down your thoughts :333

AIM - Light Enduring AIM - Light Enduring

I've just been listening to this on loop for the last 25 mins or so while doing some last minute admin work before heading back home from work. It actually works out quite nice for background music since it's arranged and loops so nicely.

Plus that's such a damn nice Piano tone, is it a mixed patch?

Phonometrologist responds:

Nice! Well I appreciate you letting me know your thoughts on it. The piano is 8Dio's latest piano library: 1971 Estonia Grand. The UI does allow an individual to mix different piano patches, i.e. staccato, legato, etc. I implemented that in the middle section. But I also preverbed the piano in the beginning so I can get the notes to resonate a bit longer.

BRUCE: Bretta's Theme BRUCE: Bretta's Theme

Well you've definitely made good use of the Kontakt Factory Library, much better than I could pull off haha.

Big fan of the folk-esq overall atmosphere and the creative panning work you've done throughout the piece, it works so nicely with the Maverick supporting it aswell. Into the favourites it goes ;)

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

I mean, its the only thing I had with specifically Irish instruments (and I wanted to somewhat follow the description I was given, for the piece)! I'm glad it sounds okay :D
Thanks for listening, reviewing and favoriting!

I'll review your piece soon, once I get a few things done first :'3

Suicide Suicide

When I see this piece and imagine what the scene is like, I can imagine the mental state of the person in the image slowly degrading away, emotional trauma grinding away deep inside to the point of extreme action. Who knows what's on the screen though? A dark, ultimate revelation? Extreme emotional and mental degrading of the subject? Being found out for something extreme? Talking to friends one last time online before performing suicide? The angel-wing bloodstain from the bullet wound behind the head I feel represents ascendancy of the soul as the ultimate relief from a painful life, ready to move onto the next great adventure beyond the mortal realm.

Hope you don't mind that I used this piece as an inspiration piece for my second AIM entry!

zephyo responds:

Thank you so much for such a thoughtful comment ^_^ I love yor interpretation. If you want to know what I was thinking was going on here, the girl is livestreaming her suicide. You should totally show me your entry!

Abuse Abuse

Physical art with sculptures has always been something I've wanted to do for quite awhile. Everything in this piece fits together really well. The waxy skin texture, the bloodshot eyes, the glazed look of near-death, the thin synthetic hair, even the teeth tucked away inside of the sculpture and slightly poking out are great! The symbolism completes it and gives it the 5/5 from me, fantastic work!

The Art-Inspired Music contest for Newgrounds in 2017 is currently underway. I hope that you don't mind that I've used this piece of artwork as inspiration towards my track which I've entered.

zephyo responds:

that's totally fine! and this is such a lovely, considerate review. Thank you so much for taking the time to write it ^_^

Why I hate Atlantica so much Why I hate Atlantica so much

I got pretty fed up of the song for this level on KH preeeeeeety quickly haha

Troisnyx responds:

I don't blame you for thinking so; that song is a mockery of every musical and every drum solo in existence. XD